Copper engraving, 37.5 x 47 cm, engraved by Benjamin Cole, black and white, blank verso; ward plan of Langbourn and Candlewick published in the greatly expanded second edition of Maitland’s History of London.
Significant buildings, such as the Monument, represented pictorially on the map; with the arms of contemporary Aldermen Sir Joseph Kankey (Langbourn 1737-69), and Sir Charles Asgill (Candlewick 1749-77). Illustrated views of local churches derived from West & Tow’s ‘Prospect Views of Ancient Churches’, 1736. Hyde notes that Alhallows Staining, bottom left, is in fact St Olave Hart Street. Hyde, Ward Maps, 86.