Blaeu’s Charterhouse of Pesio, near Cuneo in PiedmontSKU: 9482
Blaeu’s Charterhouse of Pesio, near Cuneo in Piedmont
Date of publication:
38 x 52 cm
black and white
Cartusia Vallis Pisii, fundata 1173
The Charterhouse of Pesio, a Carthusian foundation near Cuneo in Piedmont. Blaeu’s townbook of Savoy and Piedmont was first published by the Blaeu heirs in 1682, but the plates were purchased and reissued (with Blaeu’s imprint erased) by Adriaan Moetjens in 1697.
Condition & Materials
Copper engraving, 38 x 52 cm, engraved by Juvenal Boetta, black and white, blank verso.
Koeman, Atlantes Neerlandici, Bl 80