Our copy of Kimball’s work bears the ownership inscription of F.G. Cox, 12 The Grove, Blackheath, to first page of text, dated 1893; Frederick George Cox was a member of the Greenwich vestry. The folding map is reduced from a 1690s survey by Surveyor General, Samuel Travers.
Condition & Materials
4to. pp. 292 + lithographed folding map with original hand colour in outline, with short tear, and 20 single-page black and white maps and plans all lithographed by brothers James and Josiah Neele, with a view of St. Alphege Church by R. H. Best lithographed by Josiah Neele alone. Publisher’s blue embossed cloth, lettered in gilt on the spine, neat repairs at head and foot of spine.